ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

After effects CS6 composition in Premiere Pro CS6 poor quality when exported for web.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jerome stuitAfter effects CS6 composition in Premiere Pro CS6 poor quality when exported for web.
by on Mar 3, 2015 at 5:43:24 am

I have been using final cut for years and have made the switch to Premiere Pro CS6 for this music video I have been editing. It was all green screen with many layers, effects, and I used some compositions that I brought in from After Effects. After working on the video for a month, I have been trying to export it correctly for almost a week now.

1st problem: When I export the video via h.264... I can watch the video on my computer and it looks great, however, when I upload it to vimeo or youtube, one of the AE comps specifically is extremely blurry.
2nd problem: the last AE comp is over a video I took and completely changes the color only when it is exported to H.264.

I have watched tutorials for day and am positive my settings are correct and all match up with each other. It just must be something to do with a few of the compositions from After Effects and I cannot figure it out.

Do you think this sounds familiar? Is there something I am missing here? Is there something else I am supposed to be doing to make this more seamless in AE or PP? I honestly have tried every combination of everything and it never works. My life has been rendering for a week now and I need to be released from this agony.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: After effects CS6 composition in Premiere Pro CS6 poor quality when exported for web.
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 2:54:50 am

That's an odd problem. Are you using Dynamic Link to get your comps from AE to PP? Also, could you post the specific settings you are exporting at?

Return to posts index

jerome stuitRe: After effects CS6 composition in Premiere Pro CS6 poor quality when exported for web.
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 4:40:19 pm

Hello,

Yes I have used dynamic link to work between the two.
I talked to an old editing professor and he told me the reason for my color difference was because of H-264, my colors don't work together and that it smashes the colors together. He told me to export as mp4, but I am unsure if he meant in AE because I don't have that option on PP and plan on putting it on vimeo and youtube.

As color problem, I just discovered that the after effects comp is 29.97fps like the rest of my entire sequence and the visuals behind it are 30fps.

As far as the blurry part, I discovered that in after effects it is a .mov blended with an mp4 flutter cut and then brought into PP. There is a keyed image of me dancing and then there are two other keyed images going very fast to the beat of the music.

As a whole I feel there is color squashing because I have a pink glow around me and when it is exported h.264 if is very apparent that It is all keyed in green screen and the pink comes through my clothing and hair way more than being exported differently such as quicktime. Just more noticeable in the two comps because the others have more black of a background.

I have been trial and error exporting everyday for over a week. Generally, I put
h.264
hd 720p 29.97
width 1280
height 720
fr 29.97
square pixel
ntsc
profile (high or main)
level (4.2-5.1)
vbr 2 pass
target bit 15(it varies, I have tried lots of options)
key frame distance (I have been doing 1)
aac
48000hz
stereo
320 bit

my raw footage and my composition settings from after effects all match this besides what I have mentioned above.
I literally have no idea what to do.

thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: After effects CS6 composition in Premiere Pro CS6 poor quality when exported for web.
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 5:06:43 pm

Thanks for the info. A few notes...

You are already exporting an mp4 file. Premiere Pro exports H264 as mp4 unless you choose another container like Quicktime (not recommended!). This is a good codec and should be giving you good results. Looking at your settings, though, there seem to be some issues. Mainly, your keyframe distance is waaay too low. It should be somewhere between 24-72. Use a preset setting from the export window in Premiere; there are both Vimeo and Youtube presets that will give you good results.

Also, a bitrate of 15mbps is very high for 720p video going to YouTube. YouTube or Vimeo will re-compress it anyway, so between 5-7 should be fine.

Finally, from your description of the pink glow and greenscreen, it sounds like some issues are simply being caused by a bad chroma key? I didn't quite understand that part. A screenshot of the issue could be helpful.

Overall, I think your main problem with the export was the keyframe distance. Fix that and try again. If your video takes long to export, just export a small sample of a problem segment to test with.

Return to posts index

jerome stuitRe: After effects CS6 composition in Premiere Pro CS6 poor quality when exported for web.
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 5:24:06 pm

Thank you for all the feedback.
I have tried all of your above suggestions over the past week and I still have a problem. i swear I have been at my desk at least 6 hours a day trying different exports in 10 second fragments to reveal the results. Those were the last ones I did.

so it must be something else.

The pink is three times more apparent when I export in h.264 I know the chroma key isn't the best because I shot this in my room with clamp lights, but I don't think it should be this drastic. It must be how everything is laying on the AE comps.

I can't send shots yet, but this is the kind of editing I do just to get a feel. However, this video was all done in final cut and I have gotten a lot more advanced since this video using both AE and PP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]