ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Strange export effect with interlacing.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex DowieStrange export effect with interlacing.
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 12:36:06 pm

Hi,

I am trying to export a video project that is to be broadcast on TV. The TV channel have asked for this to be exported with the field order Upper First, however whenever I export using this setting I get a strange forking effect all over the image. When i render the video out in progressive it is fine however.
Has anybody experienced this or know how to fix this so it is exportable with the field order as Upper First?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Strange export effect with interlacing.
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 3:08:33 pm

If you're viewing your export on your computer monitor, it's normal and expected to see the interlacing as you describe. View your export on a regular TV and all should be good.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Alex DowieRe: Strange export effect with interlacing.
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 3:33:31 pm

Hi Gary,

Thanks for replying, i tested the rendered file out on a tv and i still get the same effect, I've attached an image to my original post showing the distortion.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Strange export effect with interlacing.
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 4:37:51 pm

Check the footage on a proper reference monitor.

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Strange export effect with interlacing.
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 5:35:32 pm

How are you getting this onto the TV? If you send a signal out of the computer via HDMI, or DVI...to a TV, you are sending out a COMPUTER DISPLAY signal, and computer display signals don't show interlacing properly. In order to see things proper on a TV, you need a video IO device...AJA, Blackmagic Design, Matrox...you need one of their boxes connected to the computer, and then that out to the TV.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roger AverdahlRe: Strange export effect with interlacing.
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 6:43:07 pm
Last Edited By Roger Averdahl on Mar 2, 2015 at 6:43:51 pm

Has anybody experienced this or know how to fix this so it is exportable with the field order as Upper First?

Your Sequence Settings are Lower Field First and you are exporting to Upper Field First, so the issues you are seeing are to be expected.

I don't know anything about you source footage but juding it from the image you posted it looks like the actual source footage is Upper Field First as well. What are the properties of your source footage? (Select a clip in the Project panel and you will see either LFF or UFF or p.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]