ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Using Photoshop Photomerge pano still in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Flory
Using Photoshop Photomerge pano still in Premiere Pro
on Mar 2, 2015 at 12:20:49 am

I create 1920 x 1080 HD still slide shows for the real estate industry. After realizing a 1920 x 1080 still fails to correctly showcase a large area or room, I decided to create pano stills with a Ken Burns effect of zoom and/or pan.

After adding my 4457 x 1080 pano to the timeline, I realized I needed advise to be able to utilize the pano. Can someone provide assistance in changing the settings to accommodate a still wider than 1920?
Thanks,

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
Re: Using Photoshop Photomerge pano still in Premiere Pro
on Mar 2, 2015 at 2:59:51 pm

Hi Greg….

you wouldn't. Your sequence would still be 1920x1080.

the behavior of PPro will depend on a couple of things:

1) Preferences > General - disable "Default Scale to Frame size". When this is on, (and it's not the first edit of a new sequence) PPro will scale the image to fit the frame. If you want to pan and scan, you DO NOT this on. It should appear when you drop the image in your sequence that you can't see all of the clip.

2) is this a first edit? if it is, Ppro will ask you if you want to change the setting to match the resolution of the still. You don't you want it to be 1920 x 1080.

Once you have a larger than raster clip in the sequence. select it once and effect controls tab and key frame animate the pan and scan as you desire.

HTH,

Return to posts index

Greg Flory
on Mar 2, 2015 at 7:00:26 pm

Thanks for the help. I followed the steps and still get a 1920 x 1080 image in the timeline.

The default Scale to Frame in preferences was always unchecked.

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Mar 2, 2015 at 7:36:32 pm

Is it the first edit in the time line or does the timeline already exist with edits in it?

Thanks…

Alex

Return to posts index

Greg Flory
on Mar 2, 2015 at 8:36:57 pm

Just created a new project and placed image as first image in timeline. See attached screenshot.

Still displays as only 1920 x 1080....take center of pano only.

Thanks,

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Mar 2, 2015 at 8:56:40 pm

Hi Gary...

Looking at your image….

it's working….

notice the thumbnail in your browser…

there is a lot more to the whole image than is being displayed in the in the 1920 x 1080 window.

to do the ken burns effect….

you use the effect controls to animate the position and scale of the image within the 1920 x 1080 of the timeline.

so the sequence frame size won't get any bigger…you don't want it to.

you want to animate what portion of the panoramic image you are showing within that frame.

hth,

Alex

Return to posts index

Greg Flory
on Mar 2, 2015 at 10:22:07 pm

Thanks for the help on this challenge. It seems I cannot accomplish my goal using a pano still image with a zoom out to display the entire pano; only the 1920 x 1080 portion.

I doubt a pip would work either; still display as 1920 versus 4457 width. Is it possible to change the image widths for different tracks? OR do I create a clip using custom settings for insertion into still slide show?

Using actual video clips results in major lighting issues compared to flash stills.

Greg Flory

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Mar 2, 2015 at 11:09:31 pm

Hi Greg…

Let's make a basic distinction here…

the final output of what you are making is a video clip.

that means the width and height of the output will be fixed for the entire length of the file, regardless of the difference in resolution of various sources.

it doesn't have to be 1920 x 1080, but whatever it is, it needs to stay that way for the entire video.

within those rules. as each image appears in sequence it is possible to animate it in some way to pass the image across the screen (scaling or moving) to create the Ken burns style effect you cite in your opening request.

if what you are seeking is to create is a "traditional" slide show where images can be various resolutions….then….nope you are in the wrong product.

Power Point would prob be more what you are looking for.

hth,

Alex

Return to posts index

Jack Thomas
on Mar 2, 2015 at 4:47:53 pm

I would keep the sequence set to 1080P.

First go to Preferences > General > and make sure the "default scale to frame size" is not checked.

Import and drag the Pano into the sequence. It will look "zoomed in".

Now you can use key frames to adjust the scale in and out to focus on certain portions of the shot.

Suggestion: Start the sequence by showing the entire pano, and end with the entire pano, that way the viewer has a sense of what they are looking at, and your zooms in and out make more sense... ? Just a thought.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]