ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

PPro CC14 Windows are all invisible, yet the app is still running.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brute WolfPPro CC14 Windows are all invisible, yet the app is still running.
by on Mar 1, 2015 at 6:09:29 am

I very briefly tried to watch my project on my Apple TV. It has worked many times in the past, but not today. Immediately after the Apple TV started, all the Premiere Pro windows were gone from my computer display. I shut down the Apple TV and the computer, relaunched, deleted preferences, repaired permissions, but no project was visible. I deleted the entire app and reinstalled, same problem.

I borrowed my son's MacBook, installed Premiere Pro CC14, and the project (located on an external drive) is running fine on his machine.

On my machine, After Effects CC, Photoshop CC, and all other apps are working fine.

On my machine, it appears that the MacBook "thinks" the project is open. When I start the app, the welcome screen appears. Interestingly, the welcome screen usually appears off-center. I click on a project, a progress meter appears briefly, but the screen remains blank. The top menu bar remains intact, even allowing me to edit the current (invisible) project.

It behaves as if it's located on a separated monitor, but I can't find it anywhere. Getting desperate. I need to work on the project this weekend. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: PPro CC14 Windows are all invisible, yet the app is still running.
by on Mar 1, 2015 at 4:54:35 pm

Reset the workspace.

Return to posts index

Brute WolfRe: PPro CC14 Windows are all invisible, yet the app is still running.
by on Mar 1, 2015 at 8:58:12 pm

Tried that. Still not working. Still invisible.

Return to posts index

Brute WolfRe: PPro CC14 Windows are all invisible, yet the app is still running.
by on Mar 1, 2015 at 11:06:29 pm
Last Edited By Brute Wolf on Mar 1, 2015 at 11:07:33 pm

It even asks me if I'm sure I want to reset it. But still nothing appears.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 1, 2015 at 11:35:13 pm

PPro CC (prior to 2014) is still opening properly on my MacBook, but won't open the new project.

Return to posts index

Michael GriggsRe: PPro CC14 Windows are all invisible, yet the app is still running.
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 8:33:50 pm

I've had this same issue since Friday. Uninstalled/re-installed the entire suite 4 times; trashed prefs, reset layouts, added second (and third) monitor, NOTHING is working.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 2, 2015 at 10:09:23 pm

I still haven't fixed the underlying problem, but I found a temporary solution.

If you're on a Mac, try creating a new user account. I created a new one, and I'm back to work again. I'm still going to have to get hold of customer support. I'd be interested in anyone's opinion if I should call Adobe first or Apple.

Return to posts index

Michael RonRe: PPro CC14 Windows are all invisible, yet the app is still running.
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 3:47:38 pm

If creating a new user worked, and removing and re-installing Premiere didn't - it might be a matter of a stuck or corrupt p-list file.
try navigating to:
Users/(your username)/Library/Preferences
and delete all the files that have to do with adobe, especially this one "com.Adobe.Premiere Pro.8.0.plist".
If you already re-launched Premiere since deleting user preferences, I would recommend you also delete those again (feel free to delete your entire profile folder under Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/8.0/Profile-username).

I can't promise it will work, but since all of these files should be recreated on the next launch, it can't make things any worse.
After deleting the files I would try to restart the machine and relaunch Premiere. If you have multiple users on this machine and the user that's having the issue is not an admin user, it might also be worthwhile to do a permissions repair via disk utility (if that is the case I can explain how you can do that if you need me to).

Return to posts index

by on Mar 8, 2015 at 7:11:36 am

Thanks! I've tried, but I couldn't find your "especially" file. I'm about to put the project to rest in a couple of days, so I'll try it again when it's in the can.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]