ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How to render for playback?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zopiro da TraciaHow to render for playback?
by on Feb 28, 2015 at 3:41:51 am

Having recently migrated from an Apple Final Cut Pro 7 system to Premiere, a feature that I greatly miss is the hability to simply press Cmd+R on a selection and it would be perfectly rendered for playback. For some reason, there is no such a thing in Premiere.

I'll often have clips marked yellow, with Lumetri effects from Speedgrade, that will play at a very slow framerate, even at 1/2 quality. And at 1/2 I'll sometimes not be able to see things like noise showing up. Cmd+R on these clips will simply play them back, it will not render them.

So sure, there is "Render & Replace", but that's not the same thing. I only want this or that segment to have smooth playback, I don't need to create new media yet, which will only make things more complicated on my timeline and workflow.

Is Premiere really missing this feature, and I should go the "feature request" route with Adobe, or am I missing out on something?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: How to render for playback?
by on Feb 28, 2015 at 9:22:35 am

[Zopiro da Tracia] "am I missing out on something?"

Sequence - render in to out will force render the in/out selection in your timeline.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: How to render for playback?
by on Feb 28, 2015 at 1:05:26 pm

It's keyboard mappable too.

I think I usually set mine to something like CMD+Enter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved