ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Problem with Premiere Pro project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch JordanProblem with Premiere Pro project
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 7:27:12 pm

I'm working on a 2011 MacPro running OS 10.95 and Adobe CC2014. I have an ongoing project that I need to update once or twice a week, and I add a few clips each time. My problem is, I'm having trouble getting the sequence to play. It hangs up on one frame, sometimes the audio plays, sometimes nothing moves. My audio is mixed in Audition and brought into the sequence. It includes graphics created and rendered out of After Effects with an alpha channel. I work for a professional sports team, and the number of clips continues to grow throughout the season so now there are probably a few hundred. I've tried cleaning the cache. The project behaves as if it can't link to the media files. I've opened other projects that I've worked on, and they play fine. Does anyone have any fixes for a problem project like this? It's also my most important- these spots have to go out on deadline! Thanks.

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Problem with Premiere Pro project
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 7:49:15 pm

Mitch,

Can you create a new project and through the Media Browser, re-import your old sequence with the ongoing clips. Copy that old sequence of clips into a new sequence and get rid of the old one. See if the new sequence plays smoother now.

Where is your media? San, NAS, internal drives, external drives?

What codecs of footage?

Are your After Effects graphics exported as Animation codec or ProRes 4444 (includes the alpha) If animation codec, try rendering out ProRes 4444 versions and importing into your project. Animation codec is no longer supported under AV Foundation OS's as Apple Deprecated the Quicktime Framework.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Mitch JordanRe: Problem with Premiere Pro project
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 8:15:44 pm

I created a new project and used media browser to import just my latest sequence, and it worked! I've tried this in the past without success, but it's working now. Maybe I can use this technique to periodically slim my project and maybe that will fix things. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Problem with Premiere Pro project
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 8:35:37 pm

What type of storage are you using hit your media?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 27, 2015 at 8:42:40 pm

We have 26tb shared storage attached by a fiber cable.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Problem with Premiere Pro project
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 8:52:58 pm

That's great, it pretty much rules out storage as the source of any issues. You'd be surprised how many users are editing off of single drives, and totally unaware of the importance of drive throughput.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 27, 2015 at 9:03:47 pm

This has been an ongoing problem for me for the last six months. Adobe thought my problem was because I upgraded to CC2014 while trying to use the same project, so I started a new project and spent a few days completely rebuilding it. All was fine for awhile, until today it completely froze again. I might try to create a new project every month and use media browser to only import the last sequence I created. This will start every month with a simplified project and if I need to refer to an older sequence, I'll still have last month's project on file. I'll see if that works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]