ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Hardcoded text to .srt conversion on Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pavan BhatHardcoded text to .srt conversion on Premiere Pro CC
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 11:25:49 am

I have used New -- > Title to create a text template for hardcoded subtitles on Premiere Pro CC, for a feature film I am currently working on. Is there a method to extract a .srt out of the same? My deliverables need me to deliver both hardcoded subs and .srt for the film. I found out that on FCP 7, it allows users to create an XML of the hardcoded text and extract .srt out of the same (XML to .srt) I tried doing so on Premiere by exporting an XML, but it doesn't quite seem to work out the way it does on FCP 7. Do we have a foolproof method for the same on Premiere Pro CC? Any answers/alternatives would be appreciated.

Pavan Bhat

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: Hardcoded text to .srt conversion on Premiere Pro CC
by on Feb 27, 2015 at 1:12:45 pm

Unfortunately, it seems that you were backwards in your process. Normally you create the SRT in a subtitle program such as Subtitle Edit, then import those subtitles into Premiere via at least a couple of different methods. Subtitle Edit can then also export your subtitles in many other formats, including an XML.

Most certainly Premiere's titles exist within the project file as editable text. I may be wrong, but I doubt that there would be any way to export or even access them to accomplish what you need.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia GeForce GTX 770 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC * QuickTime 7.7.5
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Stephen AbbottRe: Hardcoded text to .srt conversion on Premiere Pro CC
by on May 4, 2016 at 3:48:34 pm

Hi Pavan,

I'm resurrecting this a year+ on. I've replied to a more recent post with a solution:

Stephen Abbott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved