ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Audio on imported clip disappears halfway through the clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill CelnickAudio on imported clip disappears halfway through the clip
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 3:41:34 pm

Hi - I'm working on a project in Premiere CC 2014, Mavericks o/s, in which I have imported a 19 minute clip into the timeline. At approximately 7 minutes into the clip the audio disappears, although the video continues.

The audio is there if I listen to the clip through the Quicktime player, so I'm somewhat baffled by it just dropping out within Premiere.

The footage is AVCHD (h264) footage recorded by a Sony NX 30, and imported via Media Browser. This is the middle of the project - prior clips in prior sequences played properly.

I have a feeling this has to do with generating cfa files, so I tried to both re-import the clip, and to start over in a new project, but neither has worked.

As a work-around I transcoded the clip with Clip-Wrap into ProRes LT - and my sound is there as it should be.

I've been using Premiere Pro as my main editing software for about 6 months (after years of FCP 7), and have not had this before. I recently added the Factory FX plugin which I suspected and have removed, but the problem remains.

I'm curious if anyone else has had this situation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved