ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

rendering for dvd

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris artisrendering for dvd
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 3:47:35 am

hey guys i have filmed a wedding in 1920 x 1080 24fps the problem im having is when i go to export my video for dvd the quality is really bad but in premiere it look wonderful, i have tried so many formats but it seem nothing is working, i tried avi but my video have black bars around it and it seem really blurry, please help

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: rendering for dvd
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 12:02:20 pm

There is but only one format for dvd and that is mpeg2-dvd.
Start with a preset and tweak the settings a bit up.

Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: rendering for dvd
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 3:09:40 pm

As Ann says, the ONLY format to export to is "MPEG-2 DVD". Note that DVD is standard-definition, so it is never going to look as nice as the HD original footage, since HD has 5x as many pixels in the image!

Select the "NTSC 23.976p Wide" preset, and the only thing you may need to adjust then is bit rate, dependent on the length of your video.

To determine bit rate, use a calculator such as

Or ballpark it using 560/minutes = rate

For shorter video, do not exceed 8.0 setting.

VBR-2 encoding will yield best results. Also, check the box at the bottom for "Max Render Quality" and that will help with the downscale quality.

The export creates two files, .m2v video and .wav audio. In Encore, use Import As > Timeline and select both of the files at once. Encore will transcode the audio to Dolby AC-3 automatically when you build the DVD.

Good luck

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved