ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2014 Render Crash (GPU-Related?)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam McArthurPremiere Pro CC 2014 Render Crash (GPU-Related?)
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 6:24:54 pm

So this has been an issue that has been plaguing me ever since I started working with Red Epic Dragon footage. (6k raw)
The native footage is 6k, but my sequence is 4k. So I just scale to fit. I have no issues editing the footage, or even previewing it in premiere. Even with effects applied, I'm able to watch it perfectly at 1/8 resolution, which is fine with me.
The only issue comes when I go to render out anything. I always get one out of a few error messages, and then it crashes. This has happened with every project I have done that involves the Red footage, so I don't think I have a corrupt project or whatnot. One example seen below.
Or, sometimes it just gives me the 'Premiere CC can't continue, sorry' error, and crashes.
I have tried this on two different computers, yielding the same results.
Specs on Computer 1 (Desktop)-
Alienware 17r / Windows 7 / Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60Ghz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / 16GB RAM
Specs on Computer 2 (Laptop)- Alienware 15 / Windows 7 / Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz / Nvidia GeForce GTX 680M (4gb) / 15GB Ram
This is frustrating because my laptop has such a powerful graphics card, and the effects I have applied are just basic RGB Curves, nothing that would require MASSIVE amounts of GPU.

Things I have tried so far, to no success.
Update drivers to latest version
Downgrade to older drivers
Upgrade PP CC 2014 to latest version
Try rendering in PP CC (not 2014)
Turn off/on 'Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration'
Clean cache
Bring entire sequence into a new sequence, and re-render
Bring entire sequence in AE Linked Comp, and render
Remove all the effects off the clips

If anyone has any tips or advice, it would be much appreciated. It's so frustrating because I have finished client video's that I need to show, but I can't.

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Premiere Pro CC 2014 Render Crash (GPU-Related?)
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 1:57:49 am

Two that I didn't see on your list were:

Trash preferences

and this:

I would stick with latest NVIDIA drivers and certainly Premiere Pro 8.2.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Kayode OlorunfemiRe: Premiere Pro CC 2014 Render Crash (GPU-Related?)
by on Apr 23, 2015 at 2:23:46 pm

Hi Adam

I have a similar problem with an ASUS G750JX, power laptop but render crashes all the time. Between Microsoft, Asus and Nvidia, the consent diagnoses so far is that the card is not getting enough power when its rendering (the explanation is much longer), but what I stumbled on is when I unplug my laptop power it renders fine but takes 2-3 times longer to render. I am still trying to get it resolved and will update you if I get a long term solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved