ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Weird problem when exporting an edl from Premiere Pro CC 2014

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann HoytWeird problem when exporting an edl from Premiere Pro CC 2014
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 6:20:16 pm

We are having an odd issue when exporting and EDL from Premiere Pro and I hoped someone here could help us out.

WE have to export an edl to import into an excel file that production requires, so an XML is out of the question in that nobody here has the time or experience mapping xml to excel.

Anyway, all we really need are the frames of the footage.

My coworker and I have identical systems, and (I thought) identical settings. We are using the exact same footage. Yet, when I export an edl from her project (on my computer) I get the in and out points of the footage in frames, which is what I want. When I export and edl from MY project I get only timecode for the in and outs of the footage. This does production no good and requires a massive conversion job and/or going through the project and manually typing in frames.

I've been checking the projects against each other and so far haven't found anything different. I'm going to have to make a manual edl if I can't figure this out by end of day so I'm a little desperate.

Thanks for any ideas.

Return to posts index

Ann HoytRe: Weird problem when exporting an edl from Premiere Pro CC 2014
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 8:52:22 pm

Answering my own question in case anyone else needs this info. The 'General' settings in the project settings menu need to specify 'frames' instead of time code AND the clip needs to be modified to 'frames' in its bin. Then cut back in. So... if you need frames in an edl or other list export, you need to cut in frames from the source.

Or so it seems. When we modified the clips and cut them back in (argh!) we got an edl with frames instead of time code.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]