ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Change linked grouped/linked objects behavior back to how it was on CC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyChange linked grouped/linked objects behavior back to how it was on CC?
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 4:09:13 pm

Hello all,

I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2014 and I noticed that now I have to click the alt/option key in order to keep linked or grouped objects together as I move them in the timeline.

Back in CC and older holding alt would do the exact opposite and just clicking on a grouped/linked set of objects (like a video clip with an audio track, for example) would select the entire group.

Is there a way to revert the alt key function back to the way it was? I'm so used to it that I'm wasting a lot of time clicking, dragging, undoing and clicking again with alt pressed.

Thanks everyone.
D.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Change linked grouped/linked objects behavior back to how it was on CC?
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 7:14:10 pm

There was no change in this behavior between versions, but it does sound like you might have accidentally clicked the "Linked Selection" toggle. It's the icon on the timeline panel under the timecode that looks like a mouse cursor over an AV clip.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Change linked grouped/linked objects behavior back to how it was on CC?
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 7:23:49 pm

Yep, that was it.

Thanks a lot, it was driving me crazy. Never saw that switch before.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]