ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Whats the quickest way to fade down multiple audio tracks in a sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Whats the quickest way to fade down multiple audio tracks in a sequence?
on Feb 22, 2015 at 10:31:48 pm
Last Edited By David Powell on Feb 22, 2015 at 10:33:48 pm

In Avid there's a fade command where I can target all audio tracks and fade down from the play head to the end of the clip. In X of course all the audio is grouped together. I can add an audio fade in premiere targeting all the tracks but its too short and I have to manually pull each fade length to the left or manually keyframe . Is there a way to manipulate multiple tracks at once?

Can the tracks be grouped in the mixer and keyframed using one fader possibly?

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: Whats the quickest way to fade down multiple audio tracks in a sequence?
on Feb 23, 2015 at 12:52:30 pm

You can of course multi select all the clips you need and apply a crossfade (shift+cmd+d)

The other thing if you have a number of areas where you want to do this is to create an submix bus (or track) and then route the channels you want to fade to the submix. Then automate the submix bus and the channels will follow.

HTH

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Feb 23, 2015 at 4:10:25 pm

Thanks Dennis it seems like there's no way to do this without a lot of clicks. Problem with adding the audio x fade is that I have to select each track separately and pull it to the left. I'll have to look into the bus assignment and see how fast of an operation that is. That might be the ticket for me. Thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Feb 23, 2015 at 4:27:04 pm

Just one addition - I kind of assumed you knew that we also honor the track targeting method as well. That can be driven either by the mouse or via keyboard shortcuts that you map.

In general, you're right that it is a lot of clicks. It is difficult for an NLE to guess on what you want to fade without some kind of input from you.

HTH,
Dennis

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 23, 2015 at 5:09:38 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "The other thing if you have a number of areas where you want to do this is to create an submix bus (or track) and then route the channels you want to fade to the submix. Then automate the submix bus and the channels will follow.
"

This will create a LOT of submixes, and make an even more crowded timeline, and isn't a simple thing. in Avid, or FCP legacy, all we needed to do was click on our target tracks, press one key to add a keyframefor the start...go to the and, add another keyframe, and then lasso ALL the keyframes we wented (multiple tracks)...drag one and all followed. Or, added a cut to the audio, ganged all the tracks, and lowered one causing the rest to follow (more clicks though).

There is no way to add multiple keyframes at the same time to audio tracks in PPRo...nor drag multiple keyframes on mulitple tracks at once...it's one track at a time. Or, you have to do a lot of rigamaroll to make a submix, ONLY to keyframe a dip in the audio...a process that takes a lot longer than dealing with one track at a time, and one that adds more and more tracks to your sequence, if you do this a lot. And when I do a temp mix, I do this A LOT.

Nope...audio mixing on the timeline is PPro's biggest weakness for me...aside from the "rental only" policy of the software, that pretty much halts me in my tracks to begin with.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]