ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 6 & Premiere CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victoria Guzik
Premiere Pro 6 & Premiere CS6
on Feb 21, 2015 at 7:26:27 pm

How can I use a project created in Premiere Pro6 with Matrox in Premiere CS6 with Matrox Mini02? When I try to open the project the message says it has to convert and then it says a third party was used and needs to be installed. If I continue and it opens there is nothing there. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Premiere Pro 6 & Premiere CS6
on Feb 21, 2015 at 8:55:45 pm

Open CS6 and import the project.
See if that will help.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Feb 21, 2015 at 9:31:23 pm

Thanks. I get the message " The project was saved from a previous version of Adobe Premiere Pro and must be converted. The original project filed will not be modified" continue I then get "The pre-set used by one or more sequences in this project require third party component that could not be located. The sequence will be modified to use a custom setting." When it's modified it's saved as a file Then a get a third screen that is evidently looking for the "third party". If I do skip the project opens, but no time line and properties shows as offline.

I have a lot of my previous projects on an external disc that I would like to burn dvds with Adobe Encore on my new system. My operating system is Windows 7 and I have Matrox Mini02. The old system was xp and Matrox also. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Feb 21, 2015 at 10:04:36 pm

No sequence in the Project window?

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Feb 21, 2015 at 11:12:13 pm

No. There is no video. If I try to play what is there, it's a red screen with what looks like Chinese writing lol.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Feb 22, 2015 at 3:37:53 pm

I would say that the Matrox codec you used in Premiere Pro 6 is apparently not part of your newer Matrox product.

It's probably a case of a 32 bit codec that 64 bit Premiere Pro CS6 can't use...

Does the old media play in a media player?

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Feb 22, 2015 at 4:22:12 pm

What do you mean by play in media player? I think that there is something from the old system that needs to be on the new because if I go further and try to open there is no timeline and if I try to put it into a timeline I get this red screen with a bunch of stuff on it that looks like Chinese. Maybe I should try Matrox to see if they have an answer.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Feb 22, 2015 at 4:30:08 pm

[Victoria Guzik] "What do you mean by play in media player? "

I mean can you play the old Matrox clips in a media player i.e. QT player, Windows Media Player...VLC...etc. If you can, then you may have the 32 bit codec on your system so you could possibly convert the old media with FFMPEG or something like that to a 64 bit compatible codec.

...and yes, since it's Matrox media and it won't play with a Matrox hardware device installed, I would say Matrox would be the people to ask. They may have a 64 bit version of the codec available...or at least some kind of converter.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Feb 24, 2015 at 1:08:07 pm

Hi,
Update on the problem and solution. Like sometimes happens, it's a simple solution. Once I remembered that the file is actually not imported and saved with the project, problem solved. Thanks for responding to my post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]