ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Trouble getting text and credits to look professional when outputting to DVD/TV

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter whitcroft
Trouble getting text and credits to look professional when outputting to DVD/TV
on Feb 21, 2015 at 12:22:58 pm

So, I'm at the end of a 20-month product and I left the DVD authoring stuff for the very end, assuming it would be easy..

What I've found is that, whether I use any of Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Premiere Elements 11, or Encore CS6, to render/transcode the DVD, when the DVD is played on the 40 inch TV I'm testing it on, the text looks extremely bad.

Even the very large text at the final credits when just a few words are on screen doesn't look right, blurry around the edges, distorted in places.

I need to get quite a lot of text on screen to begin with... Certain lines of text seems to be slightly cut at the tops or bottoms, some little 'e's look like 'o's with a faint line through them... Doesn't seem to matter whether I import a picture of the text or write the text in the video editor myself...

I'm under a huge amount of time pressure ATM...I've gone to great lengths to make this a professional production and now I'm panicking about this! Any help about how I can get professional looking text on DVDs would be appreciated... I don't know much about technical stuff and i've got limited time so the fastest/easiest solutions ideally!

Thanks a lot :)

Pete

Return to posts index

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Re: Trouble getting text and credits to look professional when outputting to DVD/TV
on Mar 6, 2015 at 12:26:07 pm

Sorry, I am not an answer for you, I am having the same trouble with credits. The credits "beat", like seeing both fields. They aren't smooth, as it scrolls down the titles are moving up and down slighting. Really hard to explain. Maybe it is a progressive, interlace problem?
Thanks for your help.

Nancy L. Sutton Smith
Northeast Community College
Mass Media/Journalism/Post Production Instructor
Sutton Bay Media Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]