ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Ultra Key/Premire Spill Surpression

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin CohenUltra Key/Premire Spill Surpression
by on Feb 21, 2015 at 12:19:59 am

I'm using UltraKey and while the key is great and saves me time instead of using Keylight, I see the spill is kind of bad, how can I correct this other than using the spill surpression in Ultrakey? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Ultra Key/Premire Spill Surpression
by on Feb 21, 2015 at 11:57:09 am

Are you talking about the little green hue on the top of the man's head?

By no means am I an expert, but you might be able to correct for his slightly green hue on the edges of his head by a few things (assuming that is what you are referring to):

You might be able to clean the basic key a bit by going to the alpha mode and tightening up your whites and blacks, but I never use the alpha view as the deciding factor. If you make a true alpha image (B&W) and then go back to your composite image, it usually looks terrible. Still, I find that it can help guide me.

If you go to spill suppression, crank up the spill to 100, then carefully tweak the range a little to the right or left, you might find that this helps clean up the color spill. Then you usually back off the spill amount. Finally, you can use the hue control on the color correction group to slightly tweak your final output to look more natural.

Return to posts index

Benjamin CohenRe: Ultra Key/Premire Spill Surpression
by on Feb 23, 2015 at 7:29:10 pm

Thanks so much! I think this worked! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved