ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Problem with audio timecode when exporting EDL

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve KennedyProblem with audio timecode when exporting EDL
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 10:54:27 am

I'm trying to export an EDL from a 23.986 fps sequence, just one audio track. For some reason the timecode is coming out rather strangely:

001 AX AA C 00:00:00:0000000:05:06:3671000:00:00:00 00:05:06:11

002 AX AA C 00:05:17:4524600:05:27:1169200:05:06:11 00:05:15:18

The people I'm sending this to are having problems with ingesting it.
How can the timecode go up to 36 on the first one, and 45 on the second one? I don't really understand what those first sets of timecode are, and why they run into one another with so many digits.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Return to posts index

Steve KennedyRe: Problem with audio timecode when exporting EDL
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 12:12:08 pm

I have discovered this is a known bug in the latest version of Premiere (8.2) –

I've got around it by bringing the sequence via XML into a previous build of Premiere and exporting EDL from there.

Let's hope they fix the bug soon...

Return to posts index

Vijay RamRe: Problem with audio timecode when exporting EDL
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 3:35:06 am

I am facing the same issue with Audio EDLs for a feature film that I am delivering to my post sound team. The AAF export transferred to Pro Tools perfectly, but my sound guys are insisting on EDLs so they can link to the original source wavs in the interest of retaining all the metadata originally created by the DEVA recorder. The EDLs I'm exporting out of Premiere 8.1 are not recreating the edit correctly when ingested into Pro Tools. This is really unfortunate as you expect such elementary things to be in place. Either I have to find a workaround via FCPX or Premiere or my sound guys will have to manually resync at their end after ingesting the EDL I'm giving them. And not to mention the brickbats I'm getting from them for switching from Avid to Premiere for this project.

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: Problem with audio timecode when exporting EDL
by on Mar 4, 2015 at 11:09:17 pm

As Kevin mentioned in the other thread we're aware of this issue and hope to have it addressed in a upcoming release.

Sorry for the trouble.

Peter Garaway
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved