ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

video on timeline no longer bumping to edit point...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Coxvideo on timeline no longer bumping to edit point...
by on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:52:29 pm

I must have done something and now I can't figure it out. I'm editing on Premiere CC. When I would drag a clip along the timeline, it used to automatically bump to the nearest edit. As in, if I am adding a b-roll shot to the very beginning of a clip, I would just have to get it close and it would bump into the exact spot I want. In the middle of editing, I must have hit something to make it stop. Now, I have to zoom all the way in and carefully place the clip.

Can someone please help me!!! Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

Steve KennedyRe: video on timeline no longer bumping to edit point...
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 12:31:08 pm

It's possible you've turned Snapping off. Usual shortcut is 's' to toggle it on/off. Or you can click the little magnet in the tools in the top left of the timeline.

Or else, it's possible that you've turned off 'targeting' for the track you're trying to snap to. Make sure the track name ('V1', 'A3' etc.) has a blue background behind it's name – click on the name to toggle that on/off.

Return to posts index

Tim CoxRe: video on timeline no longer bumping to edit point...
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 4:23:39 pm

It was snapping! Thanks so much for your help. I must have hit "s".

I've only been using Premiere since August. I used a editing program called Quantel for the last 9 years. I catch myself trying to use some shortcuts from that. I must have slipped and hit S while doing that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]