ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Moved project from one machine to another and now new clips link to old versions even though the names are different

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan kellyMoved project from one machine to another and now new clips link to old versions even though the names are different
by on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:38:58 pm
Last Edited By ryan kelly on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:39:40 pm

Hello,

I've been working on a project for a few months and going back and forth successfully between two separate machines all along. However, yesterday I created some replacement assets in AE to insert into my PR timeline. I did not overwrite any files but rather created new quicktime renders with a datestamp on the end of the file name.

In Premiere, I selected the clip that I wanted to update and chose "replace footage". I did this for four clips. all was fine in the world and I exported a render from premiere without difficulty. I've been doing this replacement process all along in this project.

At the end of the session, I copied the entire project to a portable drive. This morning I copied all that data to a new computer. Note: the folder paths on the new computer are different from the original.

I opened the project that I saved last night and everything opened without any reported errors.

The thing is, the clips that i imported last night are not actually in the timeline. The files in the bin have the name of the new clip from yesterday ("...2-18.mov") but link to the previous version which had filenames ending in "...01-15.mov."

This is very weird. Has anyone witnessed this behavior? Should I not "replace footage" but import it as new and then replace edit?

Thankfully there were only 4 clips involved but had this been a larger, more in depth edit this would be a MAJOR problem.

I'm going to try to open the project on original machine tonight to see if it references the right files but fear it will not.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks for reading this far!

-Ryan

Win7
Premiere CC2014
HP z820, Nvidia GTX690
Dual Xeon, 64GB Ram

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]