ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CS3 Problems - RED SCREEN Overlaps Sequence Timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay VanADOBE PREMIERE PRO CS3 Problems - RED SCREEN Overlaps Sequence Timeline
by on Feb 19, 2015 at 5:03:36 pm

I have been using Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 on Mac for years now and never had a problem. I am using it in Mavericks on a Mac Mini(3 years old) and haven't read any issues about it not being compatible. But the problem I am having is when I go to insert a video or even an image, the whole timeline turns red for some reason. It does not go away, unless I click on other things in the program, but then it just comes back. Also the preview window screen is not showing my video after I have rendered it either. I am not sure what is going on, but it is causing delays in work that I am trying to do for someone. I read somewhere on the web about someone having the same issue, but no solution was ever given. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically it looks like this:

https://i1.creativecow.net/u/162430/screenshot2012-01-05at7.30.03pm.png

Adobe also claims there are no known issues either
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/mac-os-mavericks-compatability.h...

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CS3 Problems - RED SCREEN Overlaps Sequence Timeline
by on Feb 21, 2015 at 12:06:35 pm

Simply put, CS3 is not supported by Mavericks. Something must have updated on your system that caused the error. Most likely a OpenCL or CUDA update. Roll back the updates you recently installed and/or uninstall CS3 and see if that cures the problem. If you use CS3 a lot and do not wish to upgrade, then I would lock down your system from updates. Otherwise, I think you will run into this problem again.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CS3 Problems - RED SCREEN Overlaps Sequence Timeline
by on Feb 22, 2015 at 4:38:44 pm

Agreed.

You're asking a piece of software released in 2007 (Leopard was the contemporary OSX version) to run perfectly with an OS released in 2013.

Even the jump to Mavericks was rough for those using current versions of Premiere Pro...and the jump to Yosemite is something we're still holding off on at my day job...

If you want to run old software, there isn't anything inherently wrong with that, but you need to freeze the system in a state that is proven usable. Hopefully you have the older version on disc.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

Jay VanRe: ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CS3 Problems - RED SCREEN Overlaps Sequence Timeline
by on Feb 26, 2015 at 12:31:32 am

Well the Mac Mini I bought was used and the person installed Mavericks on it already, wish I would have known this was going to be an issue. Fortunately I have a Macbook Pro that is running Leopard so I can still utilize Premiere Pro C3, it is just a pain however because I wanted to be able to do it on this computer instead. What is the latest version of Premiere Pro that will work for Mavericks? I do not want the cloud thing because I can not justify the monthly cost in the long run for the amount of use I will need it. Also what is the highest version OS that will run Premiere Pro C3 efficiently in case I upgrade my laptop?

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: ADOBE PREMIERE PRO CS3 Problems - RED SCREEN Overlaps Sequence Timeline
by on Mar 2, 2015 at 8:34:12 pm

I doubt any official or verified information exists on what the newest OS is that will run CS3…your best bet is to try to stay contemporary with the software release…so the OS that was current at the time.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Video Producer at I-CAR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]