ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

NEWBIE to Premiere & AE - Starting a Small Biz

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim cornetet
NEWBIE to Premiere & AE - Starting a Small Biz
on Feb 18, 2015 at 4:37:20 am

I have spent the last 10 years working on small video editing projects for local schools and churches.

I have 10 years experience with Sony Vegas.

After a lot of encouragement from those that have seen my work, I'm forming my own small-biz LLC. So I've made the HUGE jump and purchased Premiere CS6 and AE CS6.

I know absolutely nothing about Premiere & AE except that they are the industry-standard in the field of editing. All I have for experience is that 10 years of Sony Vegas experience.

QUESTION: what is the best teaching program out there for me to study Premiere & AE?

> buy a self-study book?
> buy a self-study DVD?
> do online self-studies?
> buy an online course?
> look for local colleges who offer courses? audit classes?
> get an internship with a local company?

Please help and guide me down the right path.

Thanks, Jim

Return to posts index

Steven Titus
Re: NEWBIE to Premiere & AE - Starting a Small Biz
on Feb 18, 2015 at 11:29:04 am

You might try right here - using creative cow tutorials. I found the ones by Richard Harrington and Andrew Davis quite helpful - especially for basics. I also did a couple of semesters by fxphd (online school from Australia), a good source as well. Good Luck.

Steve

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Feb 18, 2015 at 2:12:08 pm

Adobe TV has a good selection of introductory videos for each program. Plus, I've always found it well worth the $25 to get a one month subscription to lynda.com and soak up all you can for 30 days. After that your brain will be full and ready to edit.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

Return to posts index

Jason Morton
on Feb 18, 2015 at 6:16:52 pm

I tried adobe & other things but it never really took until I watched creativelive. I bought a 3 day course that I've referred to at least 50 times. Larry Jordan taught it. Took me from hack to expert. https://www.creativelive.com/courses/adobe-premiere-larry-jordan#

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]