ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Animating a Still Image

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin ToneyAnimating a Still Image
by on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:12:53 pm

I'm hoping someone can tell me the technical name for this. Lets say I have a still image and I want to animate a zoom and rotate so that it doesn't just look plain. What is this called?

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Animating a Still Image
by on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:40:10 pm

Motion Control. Some people say "the Ken Burns Effect," as if the guy invented the process (he did not). Or "moves on stills."

Drop the picture onto the timeline. Double-click to open it in the Viewer, click on the EFFECT CONTROLS tab. Click on the triangle to the left of MOTION and position the indicator to where you want the move to start...click on the stop-watch icon to the left of SCALE and POSITION...that adds a keyframe...now position the indicator to the place you want the move to end, and then adjust the SCALE and POSITION to where you want it...a keyframe will automatically be added. And then when you play, the move you created will happen.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Justin ToneyRe: Animating a Still Image
by on Feb 17, 2015 at 6:03:19 pm

That isn't what I was referring to. What I specifically want is to have a foreground object appear to have depth while the background, of the same image, moves accordingly. Pan and Zoom is a different concept altogether.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Animating a Still Image
by on Feb 17, 2015 at 6:27:50 pm

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Animating a Still Image
by on Feb 17, 2015 at 6:57:17 pm

It's often called The Kid Stays in the Picture photo effect. Do a search on it, and you'll see why.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Animating a Still Image
by on Feb 17, 2015 at 7:59:22 pm

Yes...this requires using photoshop and After Effects. Photoshop to create the different layers, and After Effects to animate them.

That video should explain it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]