ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Remote work and audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John RikerRemote work and audio
by on Feb 16, 2015 at 2:47:31 pm
Last Edited By John Riker on Feb 16, 2015 at 2:52:25 pm

I have been doing a lot of video editing and conversion using servers in my basement. Whole house is wired with Gigabit networking. Remoting in though from a laptop (RDP). Since I do most of this today on WiFi not always stellar refresh rates but good enough for cutting and splicing and converting. Ran into an issue with some footage recently that there was a hiccup in the footage and before the hiccup the audio was out of sync and after it was fine so need to adjust the pre hiccup audio to match the footage so it matches people's lips. I can plug my laptop into the gigabit network to get better performance, however are there any thoughts on how best to do this remotely? I'm guessing even with gigabit networking the refresh on screen is not going to be frame perfect so making sure the audio is in sync with people's lips may or may not be a challenge this way. Thoughts? Will my current setup adding a wired connection be good enough in theory to watch a video and audio realtime thru remote desktop?

Note my server motherboard has Bluetooth but not sure if it's wired for like a Bluetooth remote headset. They talk about how it's used for overclocking but can "return to normal functionality pushing the button again". It's an Asus Rampage III Extreme motherboard. Was thinking if I could use a Bluetooth headset to connect to the audio but since the video will still be RDP may be a worse idea than trying to do it all thru RDP. Plus two floors up not sure the Bluetooth would work anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved