ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Automatically updating footage in an AE template from Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jef hahlAutomatically updating footage in an AE template from Premiere?
by on Feb 16, 2015 at 5:03:34 am

Cross-posting to /r/AfterEffects

I'm trying to wrap up a project and hit a hurdle. My client used to edit in FCP and used motion title templates as separators for different sections of the video. Their previous workflow was to drop the motion template directly on the FCP timeline and you could add the video frames to it directly in FCP. It was a simple little animation that basically flew you out of one frame and into the next one.

We're now trying to do the same thing in Premiere and After Effects. I had it working with Adobe Dynamic Link last week, but am having trouble with it tonight.

Here's my basic workflow:

- Sequence 1 in Premiere has one video in it and the entire sequence is Dynamic Linked into my AE Project.
- AE Comp 1 has the Dynamic Linked Premiere Sequence 1 as a layer in the animation.
- Sequence 2 in Premiere has the AE Comp 1 Dynamically linked in it's timeline.
- So when you change the video in Sequence 1, it changes the frame in the animation that's in Sequence 2.

When I tested it last week, it worked great. But when I'm trying to wrap it up tonight, Premiere won't let me drop the AE Comp onto a timeline.

The goal is that someone can use the animated template as a transition without having to open AE. Changing the videos in Sequence 1 updated the footage used in the AE animation that's in Sequence 2.

Anyone do a lot of Adobe Dynamic Link and have any advice? I'm not locked into having to use Adobe Dynamic Link, but haven't found another way to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved