ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How do I make sure Auto-Save will work?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan PatchHow do I make sure Auto-Save will work?
by on Feb 15, 2015 at 9:44:06 pm

I am an experienced PPro user, and recently I've noted that my projects won't autosave consistently for some reason. It was more of a curiosity until today, when I lost about 2 hours of grueling editing work.

My project was last saved at 2:53 PM. My auto-save versions are labeled 11:23AM and continue, in 10-20 minute intervals, until 2:46 PM - exactly as you would think should happen.

But unfortunately, after I saved my project and continued working, the autosave stopped. It's set to save every 10 minutes and keep 20 versions, and there's only 8 in the folder, so we didn't reach a limit or anything there. I wasn't saving my project file anywhere else... and yes, I double-checked that my auto-save scratch folder was still set correctly, and no disk write permissions have been changed.

I did a search for all similarly-named files on my PC, and nothing was found.

It seems that autosave just *stopped* working at the same time that I did my last manual save. I don't know is this save is related to the stoppage or not.

Obviously I'm *pissed* that I lost the work even though my settings are set correctly, but my real issue is trying to make sure this doesn't happen again. Can someone tell me what's going on here?

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Ryan PatchRe: How do I make sure Auto-Save will work?
by on Feb 16, 2015 at 4:39:04 pm

Michael -

Shaming me for not saving is not what I was looking for. You have been absolutely unhelpful. I was not coming on here to be called unprofessional or lectured.

I came here looking for technical help in trying to make sure that a feature of this product worked properly.

I save often. In fact, I only lost about an hour of work with this problem. Because I am a professional and I save often.

If all you want to do on these message boards is make yourself feel good by berating others, when they ask simple questions, then please leave. The internet doesn't need you. This community doesn't need you.

Anyone else who has an idea about how to ensure the autosave works correctly, please let me know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved