ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Randomizing a bunch of clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam BradleyRandomizing a bunch of clips
by on Feb 14, 2015 at 10:19:01 pm

I have looked around and some older posts cover PART of what I'd like to do. I apologize if what I need has already been posted, but I did look around before posting! :D

I'm making a loop for a projector to be put up behind bands/DJs in a club. I have 100+ clips of random psychedelic videos and I want to play them back to back, dipping to black in between (I already know how to do all that). The clips are named things like "light-beads", "light-beam-curtains" or "blue-purple-stream", "blue-light-orbs" etc so many of the clips have similar colors and effects, but I'd rather have them randomized.

Is there a feature in PP CC for this or can someone recommend a file-renaming utility that could help me out? Again, I have upwards of 160 clips for this and am terribly lazy. Thanks in advance - you guys are awesome!

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Randomizing a bunch of clips
by on Feb 14, 2015 at 11:09:47 pm

Open the icon view full screen, move them around and put them on the timeline with Automate to sequence.

Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Adam BradleyRe: Randomizing a bunch of clips
by on Feb 14, 2015 at 11:22:26 pm

This is actually better than what I wanted! Kudos and thank you!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved