ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Broadcast Colors Effect - results in blurry video, resolution loss

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce HooverBroadcast Colors Effect - results in blurry video, resolution loss
by on Feb 13, 2015 at 5:39:34 pm

Posted this as a bug but wanted to share to see if anyone else has experienced this and see if there's something I'm not doing right.

Concise problem statement:
Broadcast Colors FX lowers resolution, seems to scale and stretch video horizontally by 1-2 pixels, creating blurry images that do not render correctly.

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. In an HD 1920x1080 square pixel timeline, add an SD 720x486 .91 pixel clip
2. scale up to 230 using uniform scale so video fills vertical raster
3. apply Broadcast Colors effect only, NTSC, reduce luminance, 98 IRE

Bug presents itself. Render this clip and bug remains, footage is blurry and unacceptable.

Expected results:
Video levels to be clamped at 98 IRE anm affected footage to retain it's original level sharpness before filter has been applied (video to retain it's resolution).

I've found that if I apply the Broadcast Colors effect to an Adjustment layer it helps with the resolution, but this effect still does something to the video, other than clamping levels.

While I'm at it, what effect can I use to have control of setup level, similar to the FCP Proc Amp? (PP Proc Amp does have setup controls)

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: Broadcast Colors Effect - results in blurry video, resolution loss
by on Feb 14, 2015 at 11:45:49 am

Hi Bryce,

I tried this on a 640x480 clip and was also able to reproduce it. You've logged it as a bug and I will pass it on to the ENG team. If you have a bug # that you got back, please let me know.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved