ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Film Dissolves not working when rendering to 48-bit ProRes?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon CordyFilm Dissolves not working when rendering to 48-bit ProRes?
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 5:36:59 pm

I had a completed Premiere Pro CC 2014 project, primarily built from native Blackmagic Cinema Camera ProRes files and ProRes 4444 files rendered out of After Effects.

I'd first attempted to export it as a 48bit ProRes 4444 file, but when I did, something odd happened. I'd used a lot of Film Dissolve transitions, and the ones attached to the native footage began as normal, but ended at about 75% completion and cut from there directly to the "B' clip at 100%. Moreover, the Film Dissolves failed entirely on the titles rendered out of After Effects - my final render was nothing but cuts on these clips.

I ended up just rendering a regular 24-bit ProRes 4444 file, and everything rendered as it should have. I really wanted to have the master file be a 48-bit render, however, if at all possible. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this an error with Photoshop or my graphics card (I have a 2008 Mac Pro with an ATI Radeon 4870 card installed)?

Return to posts index

Vince BecquiotRe: Film Dissolves not working when rendering to 48-bit ProRes?
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 6:46:22 pm

Couldn't give you a reason as to why it's not showing up, but we made our own presets a few years back based on Andrew Kramer's version for After Effects.

Put these in your preset folder. Drop the presets on the clips you want to fade in/out and see if you like it.

8547_filmpreset.zip

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]