ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Using the Red Giant Frames plugin to deinterlace in Pr CC 7.0.1

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert WithersUsing the Red Giant Frames plugin to deinterlace in Pr CC 7.0.1
by on Feb 10, 2015 at 1:33:56 am

Hey all, I'm trying to use the plugin to deinterlace NTSC footage. RG says:
You can access the Frames plugin from the Magic Bullet folder in the Effects tab. To apply simply drag and drop it on one of the clips in the timeline.

There's a little menu with six different options for the Effect:
Mode, Conversion, Field Order, Interpolate, etc.

I've got the RG Frames plug in in my Effects folder. I can drag it onto the video timeline which then wants everything to be rendered. Fine.
But I can't figure out how to open the little Frames plug-in options menu in PR CC to set the options.

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: Using the Red Giant Frames plugin to deinterlace in Pr CC 7.0.1
by on Feb 10, 2015 at 4:08:50 pm

Here's what I found so far, with a new question. The Effect Controls in the Source Panel would not display if all clips in a video tracer were selected. It would display if one clip were selected and I could apply such controls as Field Interpolation and Field Smoothing.
So I did this to one clip.
Then I selected all clips and dragged the Frames Effect onto them from the Effects Tab in the Media Panel.
They wanted to render for an hour.

Then I wanted to see what effect had actually been applied to all the clips--if the Field Smoothing of 25 had been applied, for example.
Sequence settings did not show this--showed the info about the original DV NTSC footage.
How can I asses whether the footage is now deinterlaced progressive?
Sequence into doesn't say--clip properties don't say--file properties freezes with no info.
Is there any way to read the current properties of the sequence after this apparent Effects processing and confirm what they now are?
Many thanks.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]