ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Replace Edit Question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason GuerraReplace Edit Question
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 5:42:25 pm

I am working cleaning up a voice over. I am using room tone to cover gaps, ums, and uhs. The client didn't actually provide room tone so I made a subclip from part of the VO. Later I realized there where some quite noises in the subclip, and I found a cleaner section to use. Now I am trying to figure out how to replace all the instances of the bad subclip with the good one.

I tired using the "select all similar" and then "replace with source monitor" functions. It replaced the first bad clip in my timeline with the left audio channel of the good one, the second bad clip in my timeline with the right audio channel from the good, and all others with flat audio.

I would export out the subclip and replace/re-link the footage, but I can't generate any new files. All I hand into this client is the project files, and they link to their master media, any new files would fail to re-link.

Does anyone have any other techniques I could try to apply?

Return to posts index

Jake AbramsonRe: Replace Edit Question
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 12:05:55 am

I've had good luck with the "replace footage" command. As long as the audio in the files lines up identically, you can go in the bin and just replace with the new file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved