ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CS 6 is crashing on 1 1/2 year old imac

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean WinnPremiere Pro CS 6 is crashing on 1 1/2 year old imac
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:22:50 pm
Last Edited By Sean Winn on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:24:38 pm

Hi, I've been preparing to format my hard drive, reinstall the OS, and the Premiere Suite (CS6), plus reinstall a couple of plugins, and various other apps I use on the system, but am hesitating, and thought to get some advice if possible.

Purchased my iMac in June '13 (10.8.5 / 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 / 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB / 1TB internal drive). The system is not loaded down with apps by any means, the main items being the CS6 Suite. I run a 2TB G-drive external for video work (Keep media, scratch, project files all on this drive).

Have edited successfully for a year and a half, but lately I've experienced the 'serious error' crashes when trying to export projects. Before that, Premiere started giving me this crash message when I correctly closed the program. It didn't seem to mess with anything, just strangely a crash message when I simply quit the program (never found web info on that). Occasionally, Premiere has crashed when not exporting, but not that often.

I reinstalled the Suite 2x with no improvement. This led me to the reformat idea. I keep thinking that 1 1/2 years is not that long, on a system that's still fairly clean, to be requiring a system format.

So before I do it, is there a chance it's simply corrupt projects? Something to do with having the media, scratch, and project files all together? A drive going bad perhaps (shows no other signs though)?

Would appreciate anyone's advice to me.
Thank you - Sean

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Premiere Pro CS 6 is crashing on 1 1/2 year old imac
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 11:41:59 pm

Hi Sean,
Check this out:

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Sean WinnRe: Premiere Pro CS 6 is crashing on 1 1/2 year old imac
by on Feb 6, 2015 at 12:24:25 am

Kevin, thanks for the reply. Though my system is 10.8.5, and I've experienced no crashes on startup, I followed the instructions. In each instance the user was set to read/write, but a couple of the 'staff' & 'everyone' were not, so I changed those.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved