ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Cinema DNG batch import

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob ViscardisCinema DNG batch import
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 10:56:13 pm

I've been shooting lately with a blackmagic pocket camera. My workflow for RAW generally has been:
-Shoot RAW, make proxies in Resolve, edit proxies in premiere, then colour RAW in resolve

I decided that I might try to edit RAW in Premiere since it is now supported, and then colour in Resolve to eliminate the proxies step. I have had great success getting the clips in, editing, and sending to resolve. I've just got a concern about the importing process. For my tests, I imported the clips using the Media Browser, but the only way I was able to do this successfully was by doing them one by one. Whenever I try to batch import the RAW folders, it hangs up and takes forever.
As is illustrated in the screen cap video:

Anyone have any suggestions to batch import a bunch of clips without it hanging and taking forever so I don't have to do them one by one? Have a big shoot coming up and I'm planning on shooting raw.

Return to posts index

Rob ViscardisRe: Cinema DNG batch import
by on Feb 7, 2015 at 8:49:57 pm

Just incase anyone else encounters this problem, I've found some info that seems to suggest that there is no way around this as of right now. When selecting multiple DNG image sequences, it assumes every still is it's own sequence, which causes it to take a very long time. There is a third party work-around, but I think I'll just continue to import one-by-one until adobe (hopefully) provides an update to fix this.

Return to posts index

Tom BakkejordRe: Cinema DNG batch import
by on Aug 9, 2015 at 7:58:33 pm

I'm having the same problem. I still haven't found a way either

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved