ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

BlackMagic HD 2 Extreme driver tests with Mavericks and PP CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberryBlackMagic HD 2 Extreme driver tests with Mavericks and PP CC
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:14:37 pm

so i finally upgraded to Mavericks, deleted PP 2014, redownloaded CC, and had a few really good weeks of clean editing! not a single crash!

so then the big test: trying to output to BetaSP (yes...i still have ONE network wanting a Beta master!). i had downloaded the latest Blackmagic driver, 10.3.5, and figured i was well on my way. no dice. it was outputting audio, but apparently not video. i tried everything (i thought). called BM Support...and the guy honestly wasn't very patient (maybe he was having a bad day). he suggested going back to older drivers and try them. so i did. downloaded 10.2.3 and here's what i found:

it acted the same as 10.3.5, then i thought to close "edit to tape" window and reopen. VOILA! where i THOUGHT it had only outputted audio, the video was now also visible. the key seemed to be in just closing and re-opening the window.

so, while i'm now successfully (i hope!) dropping a 30 minute show to tape, i'm writing this for anyone else who might still have the ancient BM card that i do and having some troubles. when i'm done dropping my 5 shows to tape, i'll then experiment with newer and newer drivers and see what results i get.

that's it. take care, and i hope this helps someone! you all are always such a big help to me. ;-)

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
24GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: BlackMagic HD 2 Extreme driver tests with Mavericks and PP CC
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:40:03 am

Thanks for the report Tad. It's always good to have successes and workarounds for others to find.

Hope the export goes well!

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]