ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

BlackMagic HD 2 Extreme driver tests with Mavericks and PP CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberryBlackMagic HD 2 Extreme driver tests with Mavericks and PP CC
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:14:37 pm

so i finally upgraded to Mavericks, deleted PP 2014, redownloaded CC, and had a few really good weeks of clean editing! not a single crash!

so then the big test: trying to output to BetaSP (yes...i still have ONE network wanting a Beta master!). i had downloaded the latest Blackmagic driver, 10.3.5, and figured i was well on my way. no dice. it was outputting audio, but apparently not video. i tried everything (i thought). called BM Support...and the guy honestly wasn't very patient (maybe he was having a bad day). he suggested going back to older drivers and try them. so i did. downloaded 10.2.3 and here's what i found:

it acted the same as 10.3.5, then i thought to close "edit to tape" window and reopen. VOILA! where i THOUGHT it had only outputted audio, the video was now also visible. the key seemed to be in just closing and re-opening the window.

so, while i'm now successfully (i hope!) dropping a 30 minute show to tape, i'm writing this for anyone else who might still have the ancient BM card that i do and having some troubles. when i'm done dropping my 5 shows to tape, i'll then experiment with newer and newer drivers and see what results i get.

that's it. take care, and i hope this helps someone! you all are always such a big help to me. ;-)

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3 / Adobe CC
3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
ATI Radeon HD 5870
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: BlackMagic HD 2 Extreme driver tests with Mavericks and PP CC
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:40:03 am

Thanks for the report Tad. It's always good to have successes and workarounds for others to find.

Hope the export goes well!

Peter Garaway
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved