ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Is the quality really that bad?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan DemenyIs the quality really that bad?
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 1:20:01 pm

I have made a GoPro video on my trip to Scotland. I am a photographer and this was my first time I edited video, and the quality is much worse than I expected. Here is my set up for recording and editing.
GoPro 3+ Black, recording 1080p 24FPS protune with auto WB sharpness to none color flat and NTSC ( I dont understand completely the difference between PAL and NTSC)
Here is the video.

Than with the GoPro app I made it from MP4 to MOV keeping the best quality and I imported it in PP CS6.
There I put in this order RGB curves (just a little) Three way color correction and i put the saturation to 120 on all and on mids and than Unsharp mask 60/3/5 Shadows/Highlights not on auto I took out black and white clip to 0 and I played a bit with the radius and color correcting. And exported it in h.256 and 1080p 24FPS.

If someone can help me and tell me what did I do wrong because for me what they have on the GoPro channel its much better. Here is a raw footage from the clip if you have time to try it out.

What did I do wrong?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Is the quality really that bad?
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:58:29 pm

[Nathan Demeny] "And exported it in h.256 and 1080p 24FPS."

I guess you mean h264. What were your bitrate settings?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved