ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Atomos Shogun/SONY A7s footage import to PP audio problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy DurhamAtomos Shogun/SONY A7s footage import to PP audio problem
by on Feb 4, 2015 at 12:57:14 pm

We just finished our first shoot with the Atomos Shogun and a SONY A7s. For on camera talent parts we recorded camera mic from the A7s (via the HDMI Shogun feed) to channels 1/2, and the Shogun audio breakout cable to record analog audio feeds for a shotgun mic and a lavalier mic. The levels look good and all seemed to work well. Today I am importing the Quicktime ProRes HQ footage to Premiere Pro CC and only channels 1/2 come in and they are a stereo mix. I want to be able to separate the analog tracks (the boom mic sounds the best) but have access to the A7s audio in case we need it for room tone. Does anyone know why all four recorded tracks do not show up on the timeline when imported?

I tried modifying the audio in PP but when I change the stereo track to mono tracks both the right and left are assigned to Channel 1 and I don't see a way to change track 2 to Channel 2. Also, I still don't see why the Quicktime file did not import the two analog tracks (left-shotgun/right-lav) and the stereo pair from the A7s HDMI. There should be four audio tracks imported. They play that way on the Shogun perfectly.

Any insight on this is most appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved