ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Clip links not updated when copied onto other computer?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy BrungerClip links not updated when copied onto other computer?
by on Feb 3, 2015 at 11:33:46 pm

I've been working on an edit job at the office and copied the entire job folder (projects, clips, etc, etc) onto my laptop to continue working from home.

I updated/conformed a few dozen low-res watermarked clips for their clean HD versions today (replace footage, rename clip to filename) however when opening the same PPro project (no links are *missing*) at home none of the clip links have been updated and the old lo-res clips are still there, even though renamed in project panel. Reveal in Finder just goes to the lo-res file too. I'd just go back and reconnect again, but there was also a load of manual work nudging and re-interpreting the new clips to match up.

Anyone know if a simple reason why this would happen? Is something vital missing that I'm not aware of?

I wondered if it might be any of my media cache files that somehow held this info (these are on a local scratch drive at work and not in job folder - ?) but having just logged on a work and not really any MC files to speak of.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Adobe CC 2014
MacPro 2013 8-core 3GHz / 64GB RAM / Dual FirePro D500s / OSX 10.10
Decklink Extreme+ 3D / 2TB SSD RAID-0 scratch / XServe + UD RAID on Small Tree 10GbE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved