ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Editing 3D .MTS footage on Premiere: is it doable?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro Bellota
Editing 3D .MTS footage on Premiere: is it doable?
on Feb 3, 2015 at 2:26:15 pm

Hi all,

I'm working on a project that was primarily shot on a Sony 3D camera. Because of Sony's proprietary format shenanigans, we're using Sony Vegas to edit but I don't know if I've ever had to deal with a more frustrating piece of software.

I've managed to convince the producer to consider switching to Premiere (he's unfamiliar with it but will take anything over Vegas at this point). He gave me some footage to test out on Premiere; the files are a mix of MTS and M2TS formats, with one file containing the data for both L/R eye. The files work fine on Premiere but I don't know to handle the 3D aspect.

It's my understanding that Premiere doesn't offer native 3D support. Any ideas for some 3rd-party plugin that could get the job done? Some brief research pointed me in the direction of the QuickS3D plug-in but the plugin's website doesn't have any info on what kind of formats are supported. Anyone have experience with this?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Help a fellow editor escape the deathly jaws of Sony Vegas!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Editing 3D .MTS footage on Premiere: is it doable?
on Feb 3, 2015 at 4:12:45 pm

Have you watched this? http://tv.adobe.com/watch/davtechtable/native-stereoscopic-editing-with-vis...

Return to posts index

Pedro Bellota
on Feb 3, 2015 at 8:01:28 pm

Hi Tero,

That's the software I was looking at earlier. My issue is that the MTS files I'm working with only display the left eye. They contain the information for both eyes, and Sony Vegas can decode that information to display the 3D effect, but from what I can see the Vision 3 plugin is meant for video files that display L/R eye in a splitscreen configuration.

Does any of this make sense?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:12:12 am

Have you tried contacting the makers of the plug-in?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]