ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Export taking 10+ hours

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Simmons
Export taking 10+ hours
on Feb 2, 2015 at 4:09:38 pm

Hi,

I have recently started to record some of my PC gameplay and upload it to YouTube. I use Fraps to record the gameplay and then Adobe Premiere to edit it.

Fraps seems to be working smoothly as does AP until i go to export the final video. All i do in AP is cut any boring bits of of the video add an intro and an outro and add audio that i record seperatly on Audacity.

A video that i recorded last night was around 45mins, and it has now been exporting (1920x1080) for 14hrs and has 3 more left to go.

Why is this taking so long? - waht can i do to speed it up, my PC spec:

Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 990X
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz Socket AM3+ 14MB
Corsair CX 600W Fully Wired 80+ Bronze Power Supply
Sapphire HD 7790 OC Version 1GB GDDR5
10GB DDR3
SanDisk 128GB SATA SSD
1TB Hybrid SSD HDD

AP Settngs:

http://postimg.org/image/yr6u4vgu3/

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Export taking 10+ hours
on Feb 2, 2015 at 4:25:05 pm

Turn off maximum render quality. You don't need it.

Return to posts index

Chris Simmons
on Feb 2, 2015 at 4:29:40 pm

Thanks I will try this.

What sort of time should I be expecting, I see people online mention that their hour long videos export in 2-3 hours (some say loads less), is this realistic with my setup?

How long should a 45min 1920x1080 video take (I also made sure it was pre-renderd (forget the name of this) where the bar turns green and it can fully play in preview.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Chris Simmons
on Feb 2, 2015 at 8:58:56 pm

Update:

Thanks so much Tero Ahlfors - The same project is currently exporting and is taking just under an hour compared to the 14 hours before!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:38:00 pm

[Chris Simmons] "I also made sure it was pre-renderd (forget the name of this) where the bar turns green and it can fully play in preview."

This only matters if you use the use previews-checkbox in the export window. This means that it will make the final export with the preview renders (that could be lower quality) and not the original files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]