ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Complicate issue with source material- what to do?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max KatzComplicate issue with source material- what to do?
by on Jan 31, 2015 at 12:44:50 am

Years ago I had a bunch of 24fps film work (original frames) that I encoded using DV codec (I think introducing 3:2 pull-down). I make tons of clips this way and then edited them in Premiere Pro (v2.0 very old), and then rendered out the whole thing and somehow authored a DVD using a similarly old version of Encore.

I have lost all the old original frames in a firey hard drive crash, but still have access to the unencrypted DVD. Now using Premiere Pro CS6 I am able to just drag the .vob file of the old edited piece in, but it shows up as a 720x480 (0.9 pixel aspect) 29.97fps clip, but I need to edit it together with a bunch of brand new film work that I have that is all encoded as quicktime (motion-jpeg) 24fps movies with no interlacing.

Ultimately I want this new edit to be played back on vimeo (or directly on a computer) so I assume I want everything to be progressive..

What is the best way to combine the 29.97fps .vob video with my new 24fps movies in one big edit? Should I try to de-interlace the .vob stuff? I'm worried the field order of the interlacing in the single large .vob file will vary from shot to shot since it was created from many different clips that had 3:2 pull-down edited together at random points..

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved