ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 External Monitor Issue Mercury Transmit Intel Iris Mackbook Pro Retina

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jorge Alduncin
Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 External Monitor Issue Mercury Transmit Intel Iris Mackbook Pro Retina
on Jan 30, 2015 at 3:04:05 am

Hi, I'm having quite a frustrating problem and I really hope you can help me out.I recently updated my premiere pro CC to the 2014.2 version and I discovered that external monitorng isn't working on my laptop a late 2013 Retina MackBook Pro, with a Intel pro GPU. The issue appears to be only because of my intel graphics card, since i tested the software in other macs(a desktop Imac) with nvidia and it works just fine. In the previous version of premiere pro cc (7.2.2) with the same computer, I was able to have playback in a second monitor without any problems at all, but with this version what happens is that when I enable playback in a second monitor, premiere's playback function turns completely disabled, the program kind of freezes and in the alerts on the bottom of the screen it says "A low-level exception has ocurred in adobe monitor 2"Before I can use the app again I have to turn off the playback to a second monitor, since the program gets stuck if the external playback remains enabled.I've been going crazy with this because something as basic as external monitoring shouldn't be any trouble at all specially in the most updated version of premiere pro cc 2014 8.1. I beg anyone for their wisdom in helping me sort out this issue becasue I make a living out of editing,and you can imagine what a huge problem this is for me. I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER PREMIERE UPDATE TO COME OUT, I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG WILL IT BE TO THE NEXT ONE AND NEITHER IF THE ISSUE WILL RESOLVED BY THEN .Thank your very much for your aid.

Return to posts index

Rob Viscardis
Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 External Monitor Issue Mercury Transmit Intel Iris Mackbook Pro Retina
on Jan 30, 2015 at 2:25:13 pm

I had a similar problem when I updated a while ago. I did an online chat with an Adobe tech support, shared my screen with them and they reset my "hosts" file. They simply copied the file as a backup, then removed any instances of "Adobe.com" in the text of the host file, restarted premiere and it worked like a charm.
Thing is, I wasn't getting the error messages that you seem to be getting. Worth a shot anyway perhaps.

Return to posts index

Jorge Alduncin
Re: Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 External Monitor Issue Mercury Transmit Intel Iris Mackbook Pro Retina
on Jan 30, 2015 at 6:08:51 pm

Thank you!! I'll try that , see if it works in my case.

Return to posts index

Jorge Alduncin
on Jan 30, 2015 at 6:50:34 pm

I tried, I erased adobe.com in the hosts file but It didn't work.Thanks.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jan 30, 2015 at 5:42:06 pm

Hi Jorge,

Sorry for the hassle. A few questions to better understand your problem.

- Did your 2nd monitor work correctly in Premiere Pro CC v8.1?
- What Mac OS version do you have running?
- What monitor do you have and how is it connected?

Thanks!

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Jorge Alduncin
on Jan 30, 2015 at 6:07:58 pm

Hi Peter! Thank you very much. My second monitor worked correctly with premiere pro cc 7.2.2 in all kinds of displays.The mac os version I have is Yosemite 10.10.2 and the monitor is an apple thunderbolt display
,I have also tried to other monitors, and tv's via the macbook HDMI output and nothing.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jan 31, 2015 at 12:58:23 am

Hi Jorge,

Yes I was able to reproduce this issue as well. Sorry you have to deal with this. We'll investigate the cause and get it fixed but unfortunately I'm unable to give you ETA.

I'm not sure of a workaround as of yet other than rolling back to 8.1 where it was working correctly.

Sorry for the troubles.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Jorge Alduncin
on Jan 31, 2015 at 2:38:29 am

Thank you Peter, You're right, I'll go back to the previous version.

Return to posts index

Fritz Nordengren
on Mar 23, 2015 at 1:43:07 pm

Hi I found this thread and the problem seems similar to what I am experiencing. Has there been an update or a fix yet?

Thanks

Fritz

Return to posts index

Andreas Schneider
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:00:09 am

Hi,
I would also like know if there is a fix for the issue?
We have setup a mac-min OSX 10.10.2 (2,6GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 8GB 1600 MHz, , Intel Iris 1536 MB)i to record audio from a speaker cabin via an audio interface directly to premiere pro 8.2 and we have exactly the same issue when the second monitor is selected to playback the video (connected via HDMI).
Currently we use screen mirroring to have a reference video for the narrator in the speaker cabin but this can be very distracting.
Thanks,
Andy

Return to posts index

Jorge Alduncin
on Apr 1, 2015 at 4:40:02 pm

Hi, apparently there still isn't a solution for this, your best bet are two things that may help you out .The first one is to switch the Video Rendering and Playback to Mercury Engine Software Only, whenever you create a project and the second thing is to work in timelines set to apple pro res 422 since for me working on other codec timelines was a a complete disaster (avchd, mpeg I-frame simply don't work in this version of premiere pro).A not so elegant solution I came up with was to literally drag the program monitor to the second screen and stay with a reference monitor on the first screen,but the referebce monitor doesn't do playback even when it's ganged up with the program monitor which is to be honest very dissapointing, so you'll motsly use the first monitor for the timeline which may be nice cuase you'll have more space to see the tracks.So we'll just have to wait for adobe to fix this issues, I don't know why if they're quite critical they haven't already fixed this, I mean it's been more than half a year now.

Return to posts index

Jorge Alduncin
on Apr 1, 2015 at 4:37:24 pm

Hi, apparently there still isn't a solution for this, your best bet are two things that may help you out .The first one is to switch the Video Rendering and Playback to Mercury Engine Software Only, whenever you create a project and the second thing is to work in timelines set to apple pro res 422 since for me working on other codec timelines was a a complete disaster (avchd, mpeg I-frame simply don't work in this version of premiere pro).A not so elegant solution I came up with was to literally drag the program monitor to the second screen and stay with a reference monitor on the first screen,but the referebce monitor doesn't do playback even when it's ganged up with the program monitor which is to be honest very dissapointing, so you'll motsly use the first monitor for the timeline which may be nice cuase you'll have more space to see the tracks.So we'll just have to wait for adobe to fix this issues, I don't know why if they're quite critical they haven't already fixed this, I mean it's been more than half a year now.

Return to posts index

Mahatma Putra
on Jun 8, 2015 at 5:01:52 am

Is there any solution yet for this? My temporary solution is just using Premiere Pro 2014 v8.0 and not upgrading...

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jun 8, 2015 at 9:30:10 pm
Last Edited By Peter Garaway on Jun 8, 2015 at 9:43:48 pm

This will be fixed in the upcoming release of Premiere Pro.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Fritz Nordengren
on Jun 16, 2015 at 3:53:08 pm

Hi Peter and thanks.

I updated to the new version of Creative Cloud and Premiere Pro 2015 and in a short test, this fixed my issue. I am able to preview on an external monitor.

OSX 10.10.3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Thank you all. Best of luck to others and hope it works for you as well.

Fritz

Return to posts index

Dale Hildebrand
on Jun 8, 2015 at 12:58:32 pm

Reboot in safe mode once or twice and see if the monitor comes up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]