ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

MFX PRO HD aspect ratio problems

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John MasseyMFX PRO HD aspect ratio problems
by on Jan 28, 2015 at 7:24:38 pm

I shot material onto a P2 card and ingested with Adobe prelude and it looks fine in premier pro but when I export it and choose to keep attributes of original file and expert to MP4 it gets scrunched. So I go to After Effects and use the clip itself to create a composition and it is messed up in the comp viewer even though all of the composition settings are correct (DVCPRO HD 1.5 1280 by 1080). I go to expert on media encoder. It looks good in the window but the export is wrong again. Can any tell me what my problem is? Thanks

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: MFX PRO HD aspect ratio problems
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 6:38:25 am

You should probably export it out as square pixels.

Return to posts index

John MasseyRe: MFX PRO HD aspect ratio problems
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 6:18:42 pm

actually this is what it does on its own. It says it is exporting as DVCPRO HD with 1.5 rectangular pixels but then it puts it out as square and so the width gets collapsed. I found a workaround by creating a composition in AE of 1920 by 1080 and then taking the video from DVCPRO HD (MFX) and stretching its width to match and then everything works OK. But this is a weird solution and must be a bug. Thanks for the comment

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: MFX PRO HD aspect ratio problems
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 6:28:13 pm

Is there a reason you're trying to export an mp4 with a HD anamorphic pixel ratio?

Return to posts index

John MasseyRe: MFX PRO HD aspect ratio problems
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 7:04:45 pm

This fixed it. The problem was that I was checking to match source. When I selected 1920 by 1080 then it came out fine. thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]