ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Is there a quick and effective way to colour grade work

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley DavisIs there a quick and effective way to colour grade work
by on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:28:37 pm

I film and edit corporate videos for a living but I am yet to figure out a decent way to colour grade my work to give it a nice final look. I attempted at using Speed Grade but it looks quite advanced and I know nothing about grading. I downloaded a lite (free) version of Resolve the other day but still seems a little advanced considering how little I know. I also tried using some magic look stuff that has added into Premiere's effects called Lumetri Looks. I like the ease of use of this but the looks seem very over the top to me and all very cinematic when I just need basic alterations. I shoot from a DSLR in a flat profile and simply want to make the footage pop more, look more vivid (corporate look basically)
Any Ideas on the best thing for me to use?

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Is there a quick and effective way to colour grade work
by on Jan 28, 2015 at 7:34:52 pm

You should be able to do all you need with the Three-Way Color Corrector in Premiere. Adjust the Input Levels sliders in a bit to give your video some pop and punch. Bring up the saturation, once they look normal then bump it up a bit. For a little extra charm for your corporate clients, use Magic Bullets Looks. It has a Cosmo filter that makes skin look very pleasing and that makes for happy clients. Plus, Magic Bullet Looks is much more user friendly for the non-colorist to add some nice touches.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IVRe: Is there a quick and effective way to colour grade work
by on Jan 28, 2015 at 7:48:08 pm

Here is a before and after example using the tools listed in the previous reply.

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

Return to posts index

Ashley DavisRe: Is there a quick and effective way to colour grade work
by on Jan 28, 2015 at 7:51:52 pm

Looks great Joe! and exactly what I'm after.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]