I know a lot of folks posting about this. But I haven't seen a solution as of yet. I'm running the latest version of CC2014. All my plugins are up to date. Running OS10.9.5. Using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB and latest CUDA driver. PPro most always crashes on program quit. PPro crashes very frequently during edits. My edits now have recover projects on average of 12-14 per video. I've deleted render files, reset NVRAM, trashed preferences, and deleted cache... all to no avail. Anyone have any ideas? would be much appreciated. thanks.
Head of Post Production, Coca-Cola Studios Atlanta, GA. Telly Award Winning Editor and Motion Gfx Artist.
Taking some tips from Kevin Monahan. It looks likes you ran through some of these already but in case you missed some.
If your issues persist after attempting all of these solutions please let me know. If you could send me a crash log the next time you crash that would be helpful.
Thanks and sorry for the troubles.
- Sign out from Creative Cloud, restart Premiere Pro, then sign in
- Update any GPU drivers
- Trash preferences
- Ensure Adobe preference files are set to read/write
- Delete media cache
- Remove plug-ins
- If you have AMD GPUs, make sure CUDA is not installed
- Repair permissions
- In Sequence Settings > Video Previews, change the codec to one that matches your footage
- Disconnect any third party hardware
- If you have a CUDA GPU, ensure that the Mercury Playback Engine is set to CUDA, not OpenCL
- Disable App Nap