ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Export "Queue" Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe ChowExport "Queue" Issue
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 3:13:23 pm

I have an ADK9000 laptop pretty much dedicated to Adobe CC video apps that has performed very well for a year. Lately when I'm exporting a sequence from both Premiere Pro CC and CC2014, Media Encoder has performed erratically. Sometimes it takes a long time to export QUEUED media from PPr to AME, and sometimes the actual export slows to a crawl, in which case I stop everything and reboot the computer and things proceed swimmingly again. TODAY, however, in both AME CC and CC2014, if I try to put sequences on "Queue" then the sequences just never show up in the Queue window and I have to quit out of Premiere. When I get back in to PPr (CC or CC2014), I can still export sequences separately by hitting the "Export" button instead of the "Queue". Still it's a bit of a drag, and it'd be nice to get to the bottom of the problem.
Anybody have the same experience?
Also, I have a MacBookPro and in Premiere CC(have not updated to 2014 yet) there, the export "Queue" is working fine.

Return to posts index

Kevin MonahanRe: Export "Queue" Issue
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 6:10:21 pm

Hi Joe,
You said you are having trouble exporting Premiere Pro CC sequences from AME CC 2014? My feeling is that you should be using only AME CC for your exports. That's what stands out to me most. If AME CC is giving you trouble, you may want to uninstall and then reinstall the application.

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Joe ChowRe: Export "Queue" Issue
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 8:47:04 pm

Sorry, Kevin. Thanks for responding. Had to take time out to shovel snow.
So yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled Media Encoder, and still have the same problem. If I export directly from Premiere, it works fine, but exporting to "Queue" and then launching Media Encoder, the media info does not seem to get xferred, so the Media Encoder Queue window just sits there empty. If I close the Media Encoder window, I see a "Export Media" window that tells me it's "preparing data for export", but that just goes on forever. If I try to close this window,then I get another window (with the rest of the desktop greyed out) that offers me a choice of "Close the Program" or "Wait for the program to respond". So then I just close the program, which quits either Premiere CC or CC2014, depending on whichever's project I'm working on. That's why I think the problem is with Media Encoder because the "Queue" isn't working either for Premiere CC, or CC2014,
And as I said, I have the CC apps on my Mac, and exporting to "Queue" works fine there.

Return to posts index

Joe ChowRe: Export "Queue" Issue
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 9:01:20 pm

I take it back. I just went back into Premiere CC and exported to "Queue" an older sequence and that did work OK.
Now I just opened up an older CC2014 Premiere project and that is also exporting a sequence to "Queue", albeit slower than usual. So maybe there is something wrong with a) the computer or b) the specific projects I was working with this morning.
Clearly uninstalling and reinstalling Media Encoder has helped.
Thanks, Kevin. I'll update this thread if there are new (negative) developments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved