ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PP CC 2014 Constant Crashing On Macbook Pro.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Pellow-JarmanPP CC 2014 Constant Crashing On Macbook Pro.
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 12:10:24 pm

Hi Folks,

Firstly please excuse me if this post is in the wrong place or if I do something wrong. It is my first time.

I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction.

I am running an up to date version of Premiere Pro CC 2014 on my Late 2013 MacBook Pro 13' Retina.

I have two external hard drives. The 2TB is for Footage/Project Files. The other 1TB is for Render and Media Cache. Both are connected via USB3.

I am struggling with constant crashes. I have the bug report, its very long so I wasn't sure if I could just post it into this initial question?

Please could somebody inform me if I am doing something wrong with my set up, causing the project to constantly crash.

If you need further info I will gladly provide.

Thank you in advance!!

Return to posts index

Dennis RadekeRe: PP CC 2014 Constant Crashing On Macbook Pro.
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 12:19:08 pm

Hi Jarmen,

Sorry you're having some difficulty. This forum is great for helping people get back to editing as well as sharing ideas.

First thing is it is always great to give a bit more about the system you're using. CPU, GPU, RAM, OS, etc. are usually important to helping diagnose a problem.

A couple of things you can try:
1 - Trash your preferences and clean your media cache - How to
2 - If it is a particular project that is the problem, you can create a new project and import the old one into it which can often fix a corrupt project
3 - If things just aren't getting better and you've checked simple things like repair permissions via the Apple Disk Utility, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling Creative Cloud. Step by step instructions are here:

Try at least the first one and then if you still have problems, outline your system specs and a little more detail on when it crashes (what are you doing, is it consistent, etc.)

Dennis - Adobe Guy

Return to posts index

Rob ViscardisRe: PP CC 2014 Constant Crashing On Macbook Pro.
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 3:01:23 pm

You could also try saving a copy of the project onto your internal drive, if it isn't already. Avoid daisy chaining your hard drives if at all possible as well. Both these things have solved crashes for me.

Return to posts index

John KnowlesRe: PP CC 2014 Constant Crashing On Macbook Pro.
by on Jan 28, 2015 at 11:21:17 pm

What acceleration are you using in your Project Settings? Is it OpenCL, CUDA or "Software Only"? Also, let us know what version of OS X you're running? Some of us with MBPs have had graphics card issues lately which has affected Premiere Pro. Also, what type of footage are you cutting?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved