ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Dealing with Color Shifts: AE comps brought into Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M. BernardDealing with Color Shifts: AE comps brought into Premiere Pro
by on Jan 26, 2015 at 8:41:15 pm

Any suggestions on how to bypass, or properly set, the color space in After Effects, for AE comps I bring back into Premiere Pro, that appear to have a color shift?

I finished and color graded a project entirely within Premiere Pro (using Red Giant Colorista II and Magic Bullet looks), but have had to reopen the project and bring parts of it into After Effects to apply motion and transitions between clips. I can't figure out a workflow, or the appropriate AE color space to use within AE 'Project Settings', that allows me to avoid the color shift when an AE comp is brought back into Premier, ie via dynamic link comps or an imported PP project into AE..

Regrading the affected segments is an option, but I was hoping to avoid that and figure out a good game plan for the future.

The closest match seems using sRGB IEC61966-2.1 with only Linearize Working Space selected, but there appears to be a tint and gamma shift going on.

I followed this example for forcing the dynamically linked AE comp to output a comparable look back into the PP project ( https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1052523 ) but the difference is I graded within PP, not in an AE RGB space, and applying the Color Profile Converter and enabling display settings on an adjustment layer did not help.

Apologies for what must be my rudimentary knowledge of color spaces and color processing between platforms..

Thank you!
Matt

Premiere Pro CC 2014
After Effects CC 2014
Red Giant Colorista II

Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
21.5-inch, Mid 2011
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Dealing with Color Shifts: AE comps brought into Premiere Pro
by on Jan 27, 2015 at 8:31:02 pm

the Color Profile Converter won't work unless you precomp it. also view-simulate might be on
there's 16-235 and 0-255 rec.709.

Return to posts index

Tom SlemmonsRe: Dealing with Color Shifts: AE comps brought into Premiere Pro
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 9:15:24 am

I'm having a very similar problem right now. Did you ever find a solution?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]