ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

strange duplication of files, anyone else?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Beeson
strange duplication of files, anyone else?
on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:00:48 pm

Something strange is happening when my producer shoots with his canon C100 and we then import files into latest PP CC - the interview files (only those) automatically duplicate even on the external hard drive they're sitting on

I ingest these into either Premier Pro or Prelude. When I do this the interviews are replicated up to eight times -- exact duplicates of the one file I have on the source card and the hard drive. Sometimes an interview will make three copies, or six or eight. It seems the longer the interview the more copies.

AND it only happens on interviews, which may have something to do with the length because they tend to be longer continuous takes. Each copy is an exact duplicate except the time code on all the copies starts at 00:00:00 where as the original starts wherever I left off after the last shot on the card.

What's the dealio?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: strange duplication of files, anyone else?
on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:33:31 pm

I guess those are spanned clips and you aren't using the media browser tab to import them?

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:37:07 pm
Last Edited By Kent Beeson on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:37:48 pm

No actually they're not spanned clips - but I do usually right click in my project window and select "import" - is this a problem? And if it is a problem, why, and why would it duplicate so many times as well?

Is this an AVCHD issue with PP CC?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:39:30 pm

Try importing the footage through the media browser.

Return to posts index

Eric Mueller
on Jan 22, 2015 at 7:04:57 pm

Happens to me as well - C100

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jan 23, 2015 at 10:58:34 pm

Hi Kent,

[Kent Beeson] "but I do usually right click in my project window and select "import" - is this a problem?"

Yes, it could introduce issues like this.

To avoid these problems, make sure that the entire card from the camera is copied to your media drive, then, import the files using the Media Browser and not File > Import or by dragging.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]