ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Relinking R3D files links to the wrong part of the clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica LawheedRelinking R3D files links to the wrong part of the clip
by on Jan 21, 2015 at 9:00:31 pm

After I finish a project, I copy the entire thing from my external hard drive onto the server at work. I haven't ever had issues until now. I opened the project from the server to relink everything and save it that way in case I have to go back to it, but when I relink everything the R3D files will link to the correct clip and the correct duration, but the wrong in and out points. There are also Canon 5D clips in the project, and those relink just fine. If I open the project directly from my external drive, everything is perfect. But the copied project gets tripped up.

My process for relinking is to wait for the "Link Media" window to pop up, and then navigate tot he proper files from there. I have file name and File extension turned on under Match File Properties, as well as "Relink others automatically" and "Use Media Browser to locate files". I have tried relinking with "Align Timecode" both checked and unchecked and it does not work. Is it just something to do with the Cache or something?

I am hoping it's a simple issue I'm just not thinking of, but any help at all is appreciated.
I'm working on a Mac OSX 10.9.5 with the latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro 2014. The R3D files are from an Epic.

Thanks,
Jessica

Return to posts index

Claudina BravoRe: Relinking R3D files links to the wrong part of the clip
by on Jan 24, 2015 at 2:23:40 pm

Hey Jessica.. this happened to me once.. Just make sure you are moving/copying the R3D natives clips inside their folder. Move the WHOLE folder over. Keep same file structure. If the R3D file has 3 clips, 2 or 1, no matter they need to be/reamain inside their "container"

Return to posts index

Jessica LawheedRe: Relinking R3D files links to the wrong part of the clip
by on Jan 26, 2015 at 6:07:45 pm

I figured it out! I just started checking and unchecking a ton of things as trial and error on the relink window and what did the trick was to uncheck align timecode and have "Interpret footage" checked. Hope this helps anyone else with the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]