ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2014 importing XML from Plural Eyes 3.5 as stereo, not mono.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nat ivesPremiere Pro CC 2014 importing XML from Plural Eyes 3.5 as stereo, not mono.
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 4:51:49 pm

I just updated PE, from 3.3 to 3.5, on an iMac (Yosemite).

Previously, any XML files from PE 3.3 came into Premiere Pro (CC 2014) as dual-mono, making it easy to delete empty/unnecessary/redundant audio tracks prior to merging or editing.

Since updating PE to 3.5, PP imports all XML as stereo. Sequences are stereo - AND the imported source files are stereo.

This is not desirable - we often use either 2 separate mics on audio recorder or just one, and we need to be able to quickly delete or separate source tracks.

Source data is from Canon 60D (scratch audio, usually) and Zoom H4n.

PP is configured to import all audio as mono.

All updates have been applied to OSX, PP and PE. Permissions have been repaired.

PE 3.3 still imports all as mono.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Nat Ives
Manager & Lab Instructor
Communication & Media Studies Production Center
University of Southern Maine
Portland, ME
ives@maine.edu
http://www.facebook.com/CMS.Production

Return to posts index

Ian JenkinsRe: Premiere Pro CC 2014 importing XML from Plural Eyes 3.5 as stereo, not mono.
by on May 4, 2015 at 8:53:11 pm

I have this issue as well, same versions of everything, and it's becoming an obnoxious slowdown in workflow. While it's not game ending, it's another time consuming step that was initially not necessary.

Hell, this was part of the reason for having PluralEyes to begin with, easily removable audio tracks... and of course the sync feature in CC is a joke.

Did you ever end up figuring out a solution that worked, or did you just give up?

Return to posts index

nat ivesRe: Premiere Pro CC 2014 importing XML from Plural Eyes 3.5 as stereo, not mono.
by on May 13, 2015 at 4:10:12 pm

The folks @ Red Giant were very helpful. Pretty much admitted that it was a "bug", although they thought it was perhaps partially a prob w/PP.

I gave up using PE as a standalone. Instead, I start in PP. It's a much more efficient workflow, anyway. I can organize my files -- delete unnecessary clips, rename clips, find matching audio/video, delete redundant audio tracks, etc -- and then use the PP/PE extension to export smaller batches of clips, which is easier for PE and much more efficient with large, multi-location/date projects. As with anything, best to keep your head on straight and stay organized!

The resulting xml imports directly back to PP, with mono tracks.

One small hitch - if you use the extension, you can't delete clips in PE. But, if you are efficient in file prep, this is moot.

Still, it would be nice to be able to use PE as a standalone for small batches.

Latest PE build is still a bit buggy. Hoping for an update this summer? It will also be interesting to see how new PP works with PE.

Nat Ives
Manager & Lab Instructor
Communication & Media Studies Production Center
University of Southern Maine
Portland, ME
ives@maine.edu
http://www.facebook.com/CMS.Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]