ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premier Pro - Bugs & Feature Requests

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Wentz
Adobe Premier Pro - Bugs & Feature Requests
on Jan 19, 2015 at 11:19:25 pm
Last Edited By Robert Wentz on Jan 19, 2015 at 11:21:46 pm

Does anyone know of the best method at the moment to report bugs and feature requests to Adobe for Premier Pro CC 2014? Seems their previously advertised links are down. . .

In the meantime I posted a thread to https://forums.adobe.com/message/7111843#7111843

Here is the report I posted:
As a Post Supervisor at a facility with a high quantity of work produced in Premier Pro, I've been compiling a list over the past several months.
List began several revs ago and is current as of Adobe Premier Pro CC 2014.2, 8.2.0 (65) build.

BUGS:
-Fix/Update/Consolidate the bug report / feature request page:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&loc=en
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

-Changing/Resetting workspaces will change what sequences were last open
-After signing into a cloud account and syncing (downloading) settings, Premier interface will appear in condensed form

FEATURE REQUESTS
-Just like when a premier project is missing media, or like after effects (or photoshop even) - PLEASE warn on project open if a FONT used within the project is not installed on the machine you're opening the project on!
-Add setting in General Preferences to allow you to set a default source range when exporting media - 99% of the time we want to export "Sequence In/Out" - NOT the "Entire Work Area".
-Allow custom label colors, or at least name them standard colors (red, green, blue, yellow, etc) - NOT "Violet, Iris, Carribean" etc.
-Add to right click menu of Program Monitor an entry to allow changing the bg color of *just* the program monitor as raw footage from many cameras often has black line/border that is not easily spotted, even with premier's lightest grey background.
-Add to right click menu of timelines an entry for "go to next keyframe" and "go to last keyframe" a la After Effects, we should also be able to assign a kb shortcut to this.
-Again, like After Effects, add a "nudge keyframe" kb shortcut such as alt + arrow left, right to nudge a keyframe by one frame in either direction
-Add setting in General Preferences to determine how many frames are jumped (not locked to 5 frames) when using shift+arrow to skip through a sequence
-AND/OR add an additional kb shortcut that allows for a faster skip (ie control+shift+arrow left/right jumps 20 frames forward/back)
-Add modification (or toggle in Preferences) to the alt+up/down kb shortcut to allow moving a selected clip up or down a track WITHOUT ERASING existing media on a track above/below (if there is media there, it should SKIP that track)
-There should be a way to copy/paste Audio Track mixer slot effects (in Effects/Sends view) - currently there is no way to do this which is surprising.
-When snapping is enabled, allow snapping to duplicate frame marker's in/out points, otherwise the markers tend to be less functional.
-Allow copy/paste of selection of audio/video effects, not just one at a time. Sure we can copy/paste attributes but since we can also copy/paste effects it would only make sense to allow to copy/paste a selection of effects.

If you also would find value in these requests, as soon as the feature request page is active again please substantiate the request(s) individually by reporting it in your own words to adobe.
OR if you know of a way to get to the same result please follow up here.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Rob Wentz

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
Re: Adobe Premier Pro - Bugs & Feature Requests
on Jan 20, 2015 at 2:05:09 pm

[Robert Wentz] "-Allow copy/paste of selection of audio/video effects, not just one at a time. Sure we can copy/paste attributes but since we can also copy/paste effects it would only make sense to allow to copy/paste a selection of effects."

if you select the combo of effects in the clip's effects controls…you can then paste that subset of effects…

not sure if you can do this one to many….but if you did 1 > 1, then you could select that one and copy paste attributes to many….because now it would only have the subset you wanted…not perfect, but doable…

hth,

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Jan 20, 2015 at 3:41:10 pm

And save multiple effects as a single preset. For example I have one called "3 For Key" that consists of Four-point Garbage Matte, Ultra and Fast Color Corrector. That's my starting point for any green screen shot.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Jan 20, 2015 at 3:46:30 pm

Paul kind of a dumb work around…

but could you have a sequence with slugs in it with multi-fx setup presets that you could copy and paste attributes from?

just name the slugs what the set up is.

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:49:53 pm

Sure you could, but saving whatever you want off as a single preset is more efficient if you ask me. I use paste attributes pretty sparingly as keyframes act the same as with a preset. With saving multiple effects as a preset, copy/paste attributes and finally adjustment layers Premiere Pro gives you tons of ways to skin that cat.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:57:22 pm

o I misunderstood…I thought this was something you were washing for….
my bad…

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jan 21, 2015 at 10:02:39 pm

Rob,
As you reported, our feature request and bug report form is currently down. After we fix the issue, please copy/paste your request to the form to make sure the team gets your requests.

That's the best way to let us know of your requests.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Jan 23, 2015 at 5:08:26 am